India Hotel Market Review 2019
By Rushabh Shah on February 5, 2020
India – Hotel Market Review 2019
India Hotel Market Review 2019, jointly prepared by Horwath HTL India and STR, reflects occupancy, ADR and Revpar growth of 0.8 pts, 2.9% and 4.1% respectively.
In Rupee terms, ADR and RevPAR growth were the biggest and second biggest respectively, in the last ten years. Growth parameters were even stronger on “same store” basis.
Overview Of Performance – India
The report reviews performance by segment (growth in all segments, bar occupancy decline at Midscale-economy segment), for several key markets and for leisure and other markets. It addresses questions on hotel scale, pricing and alternative accommodations while identifying some other issues and opportunities.
• Largest ADR jump and second largest RevPAR growth, in amounts (Rs. 167 and Rs. 155 respectively) in the last ten years;
• Five Key Markets with Occ above 70%;
• Three markets with Lux-UpperUp ADR in the 9ks (only one last year), and Goa Lux-UpperUp ADR crossing 11k;
• Up-UpMid and M-E ADR grew smartly;
• Significant GST reduction removing the industry from the “sin” bracket,
• Widening supply diversity.
• Goa continues to slacken;
• Chain-affiliated supply growth (7.8k rooms) was the slowest in ten years;
• All India M-E Occ suffered de-growth (-0.7pts) for the second year running;
• All India Up-UpMid Occ grew only 0.5 pts;
• Jet Airway
Other publications in the series: India Hotel Annual Study 2018 • India Hotel Market Review 2017